The Story City and Roland communities are teeming with hard-working, dedicated volunteers. Nominations are currently open for the 2017 Iowa Nonprofit Awards, and local folks may qualify.
The purpose of the Iowa Nonprofit Awards is to recognize the exceptional practices, achievements and impact of nonprofit organizations and professionals, philanthropic organizations, national service and volunteer programs, and local collaborations for their efforts to address community challenges.
Nonprofit leaders, volunteer management professionals and members of the public are invited to nominate the professional staff and volunteers who serve Iowans in countless ways. Award winners will be recognized during the Iowa Nonprofit Summit to be held Oct. 24-25 in Altoona.
Nominations are accepted in seven categories:
• Nonprofit Spotlight Award
• Nonprofit Board Leadership Award
• Nonprofit Staff Leadership Award
• Philanthropic Impact Award
• Outstanding Volunteer or National Service Program Award
• Outstanding Volunteer or National Service Manager Award
• Outstanding Nonprofit Collaboration Award
Additional details and a link to nomination materials are available at volunteeriowa.org; submissions will be accepted through midnight on July 31.