This year’s Homecoming “PEP” activities began Monday evening, Sept. 11, at 8 p.m. with a pep rally, coronation of the Homecoming Queen and King, and skits in the North Gym. Jenna Clark was crowned as queen and Britt Avery as king during the coronation.
On Friday, Sept. 15, at 1:10 p.m., the school will have its “Powder Puff” football game at the football field. Following the powder puff game at 2:45 p.m., the Homecoming Parade will begin. As well as all high school students, the community is invited to all the homecoming activities.
The kickoff for the East Marshall Mustangs vs. Roland-Story football game will be at 7 p.m., with introduction of the Homecoming Queen and her court ceremonies during halftime. The Homecoming Dance will follow the game at the Old High School Gym until midnight. Admission is $5 per person.
Other events include (or included):
Friday, Sept. 8: Door decorating during Seminar
Monday, Sept. 11: Pajama Day! Wear your favorite (and appropriate) jammies!
• 4:30 p.m., Cross Country at Ballard Golf and Country Club
• 8 p.m., Pep Rally, Coronation, and Skits in the North Gym
Tuesday, Sept. 12: Jersey Day!
• 5 p.m., Varsity Volleyball Triangular vs. Boone and Gilbert
Wednesday, Sept. 13: “-er” Day! Dress as anything that ends in –er! Farm-er, golf-er, danc-er, soldi-er… time to get creative!
Thursday, Sept. 14: Beach Day!
• 6:30 p.m., Varsity Volleyball game at South Hamilton
Friday, Sept. 15: Norsemen Spirit Day!
• 11:45 a.m., Student Council face painting at the Middle School
• 1:10 p.m., “Powder Puff” football game at the football field
(Dismiss at 1:05 p.m.)
• 2:45 p.m., Homecoming Parade
• 7 p.m., Football Game (East Marshall vs. Roland-Story) Halftime ceremonies.
• 10-midnight, Dance (Old Gym), appropriate casual dress
Photos by Kevin Patterson unless otherwise stated