Brief Look at Your School
• We’re Back!! The 2014-2015 School Year officially began at Roland-Story on Thursday, August 14. Administration, staff and students are all excited and looking forward to an outstanding year!
• The elementary school started their new year by raising the American Flag and Pledging Allegiance with the American Legion. They are excited to have our 24 new elementary students as well as all of the returning students at their school.
• Mr. Boman’s Physics students begin the year with an engineering competition: to erect the tallest tower from one sheet of paper and a small amount of tape. With DQ ice cream cake and breakfast pizza on the line, some serious competition can most certainly be expected!
• 7th and 8th grade volleyball began practicing on Monday, August 18th. There are approximately 60 students out between the two grade levels. They would love your support at their events this year. All games start at 4:30 and home events are held in the new gym at the Middle School in Roland. Schedules for all levels of Norse athletics can be found at: http://www.heartofiowaconference.org/
• In the elementary library, students and staff are admiring all of the changes that happened over the summer. The student’s eyes are popping open when they see all of the new colors, posters, and items on the walls! A big thanks to all who helped!
• Mr. Klett had the juniors in his Language Arts 3 classes set goals for the school year, and then asked students to share them with him. In return, Mr. Klett shared his goals for his first year at R-S with the students.